MEDICAL RECORD RELEASE (COPY) POLICY
- Medical records can be released to healthcare providers who are participating in your care. If we have referred you to another doctor, we will send them your records prior to your appointment.
- You can request a copy of your own medical record.
- Use of your health information for a reason other than treatment, payment or healthcare operations requires your signature of authorization. This means lawyers, life insurance, school releases, disability, etc. We get your signature for your protection, and because it is required by law.
- Patients are the only ones who can authorize release of recordsnot spouses, grown children or friends, unless they have power of attorney.
- The State of Georgia has set out a fee schedule of charges for medical records. We determine our charges based on this fee schedule.
- Please refer to our Privacy Policies (Notice of Privacy Practices) for more information.
- Medical Records is located in the Athens office at 706-353-8700 ext. 253 and in the Watkinsville office at 706-769-3331 ext. 224.
New Patient Forms
Our Practice Policies
Secure Patient Login